Sunday, February 08, 2009

Anticipation

Yep, it's that time of year again. I've come down with a severe case of cabin fever! I am living in anticipation of spring.

So, this morning when I saw the sun was shining, even though the temperature was only in the teens, it was time ... time to hit the deck!



I found a spot free of snow near the wall being warmed by the sun, blocked from any breeze and, oh, it felt so good! To bask in the warm sun, read my book and breath in the crisp fresh air was just a gift from God! Especially since, as I write this, a storm front is moving in that is supposed to bring us, first, ice and then top that off with some more snow over the course of the next couple of days.

Yeah, God is good! Every moment of sun and fresh air that I got today will be remembered and get me through the ickiest parts of the next couple of days.

Spring, spring, please come soon,
otherwise I may turn in to a loon!

I know, too late, I'm already there! : )


Oh, and Oreo seemed to find the deck time today quite therapeutic as well.