Friday, January 09, 2009

First photo

I'm so excited! (And I just can't hide it... go ahead, keep singing!)

I bought a nice, new digital camera with the money I received as Christmas presents thanks to some helpful advise from Jeff Geerling.

I was overwhelmed by the huge number of cameras available on the market so Jeff helped me narrow down some of the better options to check out in my price range. I chose one of his suggestions, the Canon Powershot SX110 IS.

Here is the first photo I took with it this evening:


I'm sure you're thinking, um... Dawn, that picture is pretty dark. Are you sure you got a good camera?

No fear, it was operator error. Or, operator pushing the shutter button before knowing what she is doing because she just wanted to play with her new toy...fast. :) (Oh, come on, you know you would have done it too!)

Anyhoo, here is another version of the photo once I learned a little more about the camera and flash:


I think this will be a good camera for my (pretty simple) needs. Now I can start sharing some photos on the ol' blog again. Since my other camera died there have been several instances where I would have liked to have a camera so I could take a picture of something to post on the blog.

Getting a new toy once in a while is fun!