Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Bucket List

This is one of the many memes (what does that mean or stand for?) going around. It has been a while since I participated in one so I thought I would post this on the blog. All the world can get to know Dawn a little better...if anyone cares! :)

The instructions said to put an X by all the items that you have done. And I always feel compelled to add my own little commentary, for some reason. Well, here is what my 36 years of life look like:

(x) Gone on a blind date (A couple of them. Hi, Jason!) :)
(x) Skipped school (Oh, that's a good story. I'm a first grade delinquent.)
(x) Watched someone die (Both of my grandparents on my mom's side. It's actually a very peaceful time.)
( ) Been to Canada (I live so close and have never gone there. That's just wrong!)
(x) Been to Mexico (Just over the border from Texas. Great food!)
( ) Been to Florida (I want to go to Disney World!)
( ) Been to Hawaii (Hopefully, some day.)
(x) Been on a plane (To Texas, California, Nevada, Colorado, Illinois...I'm probably missing some.)
(x) Been lost (Watching "Lost"!) :)
( ) Gone to Washington, DC (I would like to.)
( ) Swam in the ocean (I walked in the edge of the ocean, but no swimming.)
(x) Cried yourself to sleep (No one ever said life would be easy!)
( ) Played cops and robbers (I honestly can't remember for sure.)
(x) Recently colored with crayons (With my nephew, it's so fun and relaxing!)
( ) Sang Karaoke (Oh, NO, not this shy, untalented girl! Singing at Mass is as close as I get.)
(x) Paid for a meal with coins only (Just a couple bucks for fast food, though.)
( ) Been to the top of the St. Louis Arch (Nope, never been to St. Loooooouis.)
(x) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't (How many times so far today...)
(x) Made prank phone calls (Oh, the junior/high school years. I'm sorry!)
( ) Been down Bourbon Street in New Orleans (Doesn't really interest me.)
(x) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose (Hehe, those are good, albeit painful, laughs!)
(x) Caught a snowflake on your tongue (Lots!)
(x) Danced in the rain (What a great feeling. If you haven't, DO!)
(x) Written a letter to Santa Claus (Even had him write back!)
( ) Been kissed under the mistletoe (Maybe by a relative but I can't remember for sure so I will leave it blank)
(x) Watched the sunrise with someone (One of the best parts of camping!)
(x) Blown bubbles (With soapy water and gum.)
(x) Gone ice-skating (Good wintertime fun. Haven't gone for a couple of years, though. Hmmmm...)
(x) Gone to the movies (Who hasn't? Oh, maybe the Amish and third world countries?)
( ) Been deep sea fishing (I'm not big on fishing. I'd rather enjoy the boat ride, play in the water or relax on the beach.)
(x) Driven across the United States (From Bismarck, N.D. to Arizona, does that count?)
( ) Been in a hot air balloon (That would be fun, I think.)
( ) Been sky diving (I always thought I wanted to but now I think I would be too chicken.)
(x) Gone snowmobiling (Another fun wintertime activity!)
( ) Lived in more than one country (North Dakota and Minnesota, I haven't made it very far. And that's OK with me.) :)
(x) Laid outside at night and admired the stars while listening to the crickets (I can't wait for spring/summer/fall so I can get back out on my deck. This is an almost nightly occurrence then.)
(x) Seen a falling star and made a wish (Before knowing and loving God. Now I pray instead of wish.) :)
( ) Enjoyed the beauty of Ole Faithful Geyser (I would like to!)
( ) Seen the Statue of Liberty (Maybe some day?)
( ) Gone to the top of Seattle Space Needle (Hadn't really thought about it.)
(x) Been to the Grand Canyon (I saw it but didn't get to spend time IN it. I would like to go back for some hiking or something.)
( ) Been on a cruise (I worry I would be seasick but I just don't know.)
(x) Traveled by train (Went to Glacier Park in Montana by train.)
(x) Traveled by motorcycle [sigh] (I love motorcycle rides and it's been way too long since I've had one.) [sniffle]
(x) Been horseback riding (Horses are so strong and majestic. I like riding.)
(x) Ridden on a San Francisco Trolley (It was fun but the novelty would wear off quickly, I think.)
(x) Been to Disney land or Disney World (Disney Land, I would love to get to Disney World, too.)
(x) Truly believe in the power of prayer (Oooooooooh yeeeeeeaaaaahhhh!!) :)
( ) Been in a rain forest (I would like to.)
( ) Seen whales in the ocean (That would be interesting.)
( ) Been to Niagara Falls (I would love to see the falls! That one is on my list of places to go.)
( ) Ridden on an elephant (Um, not that interested, I guess.)
( ) Swam with dolphins (That would be fun. I would want to bring them home.) :)
( ) been scuba diving (I think it would be fun but I kinda get freaked out by some sea creatures. It would be worth it I'm sure.)

OK, your turn if you want to share your life with the world! :)