Sunday, January 21, 2007

Winter Nap


The air is crisp and cold. The sky is a cloudy, grey background which makes the bare trees look sullen. A light snowfall is floating through the air. It is winter in Bismarck.

Life has gotten back to a "normal routine" now that the holidays are over. The cooler temperatures and winter atmosphere the last few weeks have sent me into my "winter nap." I go through this stage every winter where I enjoy my quiet, peaceful time indoors at home when I don't have responsibilities calling me away. This has resulted in a quiet Dawn, and a quiet blog, because there is nothing to really tell except that things are normal, good, but normal.

So, for now, I will enjoy this peaceful winter nap knowing that, shortly, spring fever will hit. Then I will get very anxious for the nice weather so I can get outside and be active.