Saturday, December 09, 2006

Our Loving Mother Mary


Yesterday we celebrated the Immaculate Conception of Mary. We celebrate that Mary, so loved by God, was conceived and born immaculate—free from all sin, including original sin. She was so full of grace and unconditional love of God that she willingly became the Mother of Jesus without hesitation and maintained her sinless manner throughout her entire life. I was very happy to be a part of this celebration because discovering my bond with our ever loving Mother in heaven has been one of the best things about my conversion and homecoming to the Catholic faith.

We have a beautiful statue (pictured above) of Mary and Jesus in our Adoration Chapel at The Church of Christ the King. Every time I go for adoration I feel a deeper love and respect for Mary as I pray before this statue. I can feel her love, compassion and intercession as she sweetly smiles and gazes upon her son, Jesus, and all of her children that pray before her and the Blessed Sacrament in the chapel. I always receive an overwhelming sense of peace during my time in the chapel, even on those days when you think there is no peace to be found. What a wonderful gift to be given. Thank you mom and Jesus!