Sunday, December 03, 2006

Decorating Day at Dawn's



It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Late this afternoon it was finally time to start getting serious about doing some Christmas decorating. Inside the house at least. Outside was pretty cool so I wimped out. Maybe that will still get done one day this next week.

My boxes of christmas "cheer" have been sitting in my living room for a week now so I am happy I finally felt like diving into them. I love the sparkle and twinkle of christmas decorations around a home, but I do have to admit I don't like the work of putting it all up and taking it back down. Oh well, it's worth it once a year. And now I have several weeks of enjoyment to look forward to before having to think about putting it all away.

There is a casualty of todays tree decorating for which I ask you to observe a moment of silence. A ceramic candy cane ornament met an untimely demise after jumping off of the tree and breaking itself into three parts. It was tragic. I can't seem to think of any particular sentimental attachment to this specific ornament so I am sad for the loss but not devastated. Whew! : )



On a different note, I have been thinking about just deleting the ol' blog since I really don't have much of anything that I want to blog about these days. But when I went into the screen with the button that says "Delete This Blog" I just couldn't do it. I figured it meant I was supposed to leave it for now. Natural Design blog, your life has been spared at this time.