Monday, October 02, 2006

No 'corn'fusion here...

It's that time of year again. Fall has begun - Papa's Pumpkin Patch and the Corn Maze have opened.

On Saturday evening Rena, Jeff, Robin, Scott and I went to the "Corn Maze" south of Mandan. We had a fun time, on a gorgeous night, winding our way through the maze to find all 15 of the questions hidden within. It only took us about an hour to complete our mission. That's less than half the time it took us last year. I had my camera along so I could share the experience on the blog.

This is hard to see because it's a picture of a picture but I wanted to show you what the shape of the maze is this year. I am always impressed how they can cut these rather intricate shapes into a field of corn. As you can see in the lower left hand corner the drought this summer did effect some of the field. It wasn't nearly as tall and thick as it has been in the past.


Here are a couple of pictures of what it looks like as you are in the maze.

This is my favorite picture. We got started just as the sun was beginning to set and the colors of the sky and the corn made for a beautiful combination.

Good night sun.

Things get a little more "eerie" in the corn after dark. But that adds to the challenge and fun. Just don't get seperated from your friends! (insert evil laugh here)

I look forward to going and having fun again next year and seeing what design they come up with for the maze.