Sunday, September 17, 2006

Let me introduce you...

to the "BLACK PEARL OF DEATH!" (Any "Pirates of the Caribbean" fans out there?)

"Aaaaargh, ellooo mateys."

This would be my fairly new, (a few years old) very low mileage car, that has now refused to start for me on three different occasions over the last couple of months.

Why does one pay (exorbitantly high prices) for a nice new car? Reliability you say? That's what I THOUGHT. I have been proven wrong however!

No, I am just kidding (kind of). It has been a good reliable car for me, up until the last couple of months anyway. So I am hopeful that the problems are now taken care of, for at least a fairly long while.

After the first or second time that the car wouldn't start, I had started calling it the "Black Pearl of Death." Jodi (my sister) thought that was a great name since we are huge "Pirates of the Caribbean" fans. Well, earlier this week Jodi had asked if I could give her a ride to Dickinson this weekend, 100 miles away. She bought a van out there that she needed to pick up and drive back home. She said that she would really appreciate a ride so she didn't have to take the bus. Of course, my response to that was "are you sure you trust the 'Black Pearl of Death' as your means of transport. I question it every time I go out to start it now." Her reply was "that was exactly what I was going to say. You stole my joke!" Ha, at least we are getting some good laughs out of the troubles that occured. Life is so much more pleasant that way! :)