Monday, September 25, 2006

Early to bed, early to rise.

Why would I have a picture of my computer desktop with 4:32 AM on it?

That would be because I was already up, showered and at work by that time.

Why would I be at work at 4:30 in the morning when I don't have to be to work until 8:00 am?

Well, my body decided it was time to be up at 2:30 AM.

Why would my body decide to be up at 2:30 AM?

I guess it is because I was forced into bed at about 9:00 PM last night.

Why was I forced into bed at 9:00 PM last night?

I can blame that on the migraine headache that hit me with a sneak attack last night.

I was in the middle of a meeting at church and all of the sudden someone set a house on my head, or at least it felt like it anyway. I tried to deal with the situation as best I could for a while but ended up having to abruptly and rudely excuse myself from the meeting (I'm so sorry ladies).

You see, when I get a migraine it never fails that I throw-up from it. I knew that the inevitable was soon to occur so I tried to race home in time. Well, I made it to my driveway and...we'll just say that my garage floor will never be the same again. : } At lease it wasn't in my car - the Black Pearl of Death would have been doubly cursed then!!

I haven't had a migraine in a very long time so I was really surprised by this whole ordeal last night. I would usually have some forewarning of the impending doom in the past when I would get these headaches. I am thinking that it was brought on by a pinched nerve last night, because it was so sudden, and my neck and back have been bugging me for the last week.

I am thankful that I feel great this morning, so far. My lack of sleep will catch up with me later, but I will be done with work by about noon or 1 since I was in so early. That's a happy thought! Then I can go home and mow my lawn in the nice afternoon sunshine. If I don't take a little power nap this afternoon (my body doesn't nap unless I am sick) then I will probably be in bed about 9:00 again tonight. And, hopefully, sleep on through until my alarm tomorrow morning.

Good morning and (God willing) good night!