Tuesday, July 11, 2006

YUCK!

OK, so I did a blog in winter about how cold it was. Now I have to do one about how warm it is. Last I heard on the 6 o'clock news it was 100˚- so far. The weatherman thought it might still go up a degree or two before it started to come back down to around 70˚ for our low tonight.

Most people who don't live in North Dakota have the impression that our state is like the North Pole or something - always cold. Well, that just isn't the case. We have a very WIDE range of temperatures throughout the year. The "winter" blog mentioned above said we were at -10˚ and now in this blog we are at 100˚. That's a 110˚ difference in 5 months. Crazy!

This weather is just too warm for me. I can't even sit outside in the shade right now and be comfortable. I haven't had my "outside" time for the last couple of days and it's starting to drive me nuts already. And this warm spell is supposed to last for the foreseeable future. Oh man, what's a nature girl to do when she can't get outside to "play" in normal daylight hours. I guess I will have to sacrifice my sleep completely (I haven't been getting much of that anyway) and go outside during the night when the temperatures are much nicer.

OK, I will stop complaining now and find something to entertain myself with until it cools off enough for me to head outside, probably around 2 or 3 a.m. Sweet dreams! :)