Sunday, March 19, 2006

An apology to mom...

Something (I can't remember what now) set my brain to thinking about my teenage years. I was remembering how emotional, crabby and downright difficult I was for a while going through all of those hormonal changes in my body, and not being able to control it. As I was remembering, all I could think of was POOR MOM. You got the brunt of all of the great "joy and happiness" (ha) that I exuded most days at the time. I'm so sorry!

As a single working mom raising two crazy daughters you must have wondered how you were going to make it through the day sometimes. I just wanted to say thanks for sticking with us and still loving your daughters even though we caused you grey hair.

Today you get the "Mother of a Lifetime Award" from me, your youngest pain in the butt. Congratulations on making it through those years with your sanity intact. You are, and always have been, my inspiration for being a strong woman who can handle what the world throws at her. Love ya lots!!